GUARDIAN ETHOS 20 INCH 1-SPEED
THE PERFECT FIRST PEDAL BIKEGuardian Ethos 20inch bikes take many of the same safety features from the Guardian Original 20 inch bike, making them the perfect affordable option for your child to begin exploring the neighborhood on two wheels. At this age, kids begin to start riding longer and pedaling faster. With the SureStop Brake System, your child will brake with ease and confidence while giving you complete keep peace of mind. At just 20.7 lbs, this bike is incredibly light for the price. Easy ride geometry and custom kids specific parts take into account every aspect of a child’s size because simply put, kids aren’t sized the same as adults.
- SureStop Brake System - safer, smarter, simpler braking for bikes.
- Brake Lever - easy reach kids brake lever with adjustment screw.
- 34 Point Safey Check - every 20 inch bike goes through rigorous guidelines before shipping so you receive a 99% professionally assembled bike.
- Lightweight Design - Ethos: 20.7 lbs, for easier control and maneuverability.
- Kid Specific Parts - frame, saddle, pedals, handlebar, grips, brake lever designed for kids with safety in mind.
- 1-Speed No Coaster Brake - low maintenance and easier for kids as they learn to ride.
- Eye Candy Decals - highly visible, highly cool, premium decal designs with matching painted rims.
- Includes - premium kickstand, tools necessary for final assembly.
GUARDIAN ORIGINAL VS GUARDIAN ETHOS
Guardian Ethos | 20.7 lbs
The Guardian Ethos line comes equipped with all of Guardian standard safety characteristics. The lean and light steel frame has been machined to achieve the perfect strength to weight ratio while maintaining the low center of gravity geometry. The trendy Guardian designs will ensure that your Ethos is not only the safest bike on the block but also the coolest.
- Material: lightweight steel
- Design: circular tubing with small diameter keeps the bike light and durable
- Finish: hand welded without smooth welding
- Geometry: Low center of gravity and long wheelbase provides your child with stable control. Low standover height makes sure you child doesn't get hurt if they come off the seat after stopping.
- Material: Steel
- Design: 1 inch steerer tube
Eye Candy Decals
- Type: water-transfer decals keep the same fun and trendy color palettes from the Original Series
- Design 1: glossy black frame w/ glossy red/white decals
- Design 2: glossy aqua frame w/ pink/white polka dots
- SureStop Brake System
- Safer: prevents head-over-handlebar accidents and improves stopping distance up to 45%
- Smarter: automatically distrubutes braking power to both wheels for smooth and controlled stopping
- SureStop easy reach brake lever designed for kids
- Simpler: one lever controls both brakes to make stopping easier for children
- 1-speedeasy and low maintenance single speed. NO coaster (back pedal brakes) helps children learn to ride quicker.
- Stem: quill stem allows quick adjustability
- Headset: standard headset
- Design: painted rims match the accent color of the frame. Kids go crazy over this!
- Braking surface: special process removes the colored paint from the braking surface to make braking much safer.
- Rims: lightweight aluminum rims with extra-strength doublewall rims make these wheels incredibly durable and childproof
- Spokes: 28 steel spokes
- Material: standard 20x1.5in tires
- Tread: street tire tread designed to give more traction around the neighborhood
- Aluminum 114mm length: with low Q-factor designed specifically for kids. Q-factor is the fancy word for the length between the child's legs when their feet are on the pedals. Most kids bikes use adult size parts with high Q-factor.
- Double plastic cover: prevents the chain from falling off
- Saddle: kid specific size with soft padding and toxin free.
- Seatpost: steel with maximum insertion mark for safety
- Seatclamp: quick release seat clamp makes it incredibly fast and easy to adjust the seat up or down.
- Handlebar: lightweight aluminum designed for kids proportions.
- Grips: toxic free kraton material (soft rubber) with small diameter to fit kids hands
- Minimal Setup: arrives 99% assembled to your door. Install handlebar and pedals only
- Includes: premium aluminum kickstand and all tools necessary for final assembly
Built from the ground up around safety, our bikes integrate pioneering technology and have been specifically desinged for kid's proportions rather than adapting adult sized components onto a smaller frame.
Changing the way bikes are delivered directly to you door
Fully Tuned Delivery
Following strict quality guidelines and a thorough 34-Point Safety Check, professional mechanics setup and tune each and every Guardian bike.
Hassle Free Packaging
All bikes ship with a unique one of a kind packaging experience. Gone are the days of spending excess time removing loads of cardboard and zip ties from your bike.
Instant Ride Assembly
Guardian bikes arrive at your door 95-99% assembled. All you do is screw in the handlebar and pedals and you're done. No mechanical skills required, necessary tools included.
Best bike ever
The whole thing is genius! From the no fuss, no guess sizing chart to the quick delivery, super easy set up and amazing quality bike and brakes! Can’t brag about this bike enough. My 6 year old daughter climbs hills like it’s nothing now and stops quickly and easily. Love it!!! Love it all!
Seems decent enough
Haven't had the bike long enough to have an informed opinion, but seems decently built. My objection is entirely with how difficult it was to determine the country of manufacture of the bike. The fact that it's made in china is listed nowhere on your site. I am disappointed.
Fantastic Customer Experience
Guardian Bikes may just offer the very best customer service that I've ever experienced. The Sure Stop braking system sold me on this particular bike but the prompt, courteous, and bend-over-backwards-to-help customer service sold me on becoming a customer for life. I had a few questions after assembling the bike (assembly was super easy, by the way!) and filled out a form on Guardian's website on a Sunday afternoon. I had read that the owner, Kyle, is super responsive but I was not at all expecting to receive a response that very afternoon (it was Sunday, after all!). Kyle blew my expectations out of the water by responding approximately 5 minutes later with his email address, cell phone number, and invitation to FaceTime him so that he could ensure that the bike was correctly and safely assembled. Wow! As for the bike, it is very well-made and pretty darn cute as well. Overall, this was an incredibly positive experience and I have no doubt that I will be shopping for Guardian bikes for my other two nieces when they reach riding age as well!
Great bike - parent + kid approved
Easy to put together and easy for our 6 year old to ride! We chose a Guardian bike because of the safety features (surestop brakes) and because it’s made in the USA. Very happy with our Guardian bike and are looking forward to purchasing another for our energetic middle!
Great bikes and great service, best bikes for kids around.
I have two bikes (the big geared 20 inch and the little 20 inch) and my kids absolutely love them and the braking is just great. My kids slam on that break sometimes and never runs into trouble or flips, just sometimes leaves skid marks on the sidewalk. When they try, the braking gives them excellent control of their speed. The second bike was on backorder but shipped exactly when the expected shipping date was. The style is also super cool, my kids get compliments on these bikes wherever they go! I specifically love that there is a little 20 inch bike that is more affordable now. My very tall and physically brave 4 year old was able to skip from his balance bike to the short 20 inch thus avoiding the need to buy an additional 16 inch bike. It probably would have been easier to learn on a 16 inch, but great to save on the bike collection.