Up to 25% Off + Free Shipping
Effective as of June 2, 2021
Personal Information We Collect
Information you give us. Personal information that you may provide through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact information, such as your (and your child’s) first name, last name and date of birth, and your email address and telephone number;
- Profile information, such as your username, password and preferences (e.g. prior bike measurements);
- Communications, such as information you provide when you participate in telephone conferences with our representatives (which may be recorded with your permission where permitted by law); report a problem with Service, receive customer support or otherwise communicate with us;
- Survey information, such as information you provide when you complete any of our surveys, such as our online RideSizer quiz or our assembly flow feedback questionnaire, including your responses to those surveys (e.g., information about your child’s coordination, first bike, etc. and your experience with the assembly flow process);
- Transaction information, such as the credit card or other payment card details that you use to pay for the Service, and your Service-related billing information and transaction history;
- Marketing information, such your preferences for receiving marketing communications about our Services and products; details about how you engage with our communications; information you provide when you participate in a contest or promotion; and
Information from third party sources. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources such as Amazon. For example, Amazon may share your transaction history and contact information with us if you have purchased products through our online store on Amazon. We may also obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, data providers and other publicly accessible sources.
Data collected automatically. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on the Site and other online services:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city or town.
- Usage data, such as the website you visited before browsing to the Site, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Some of our automatic collection is facilitated by:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently and remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content within it was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
Third Party Pixels and Cookies
When you visit our website, log in, register or open an email, cookies, ad beacons, and similar technologies may be used by our online data partners or vendors to associate these activities with information they or others have about you, including your email address. We (or service providers on our behalf) may then send communications and marketing to these email addresses. You may opt out of receiving this advertising by visiting https://app.retention.com/optout.
Changes to your personal information. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Service;
- communicate with you regarding the Service, including by sending you Service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- process your orders and process your related payments:
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; and
- provide support for the Service and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business and develop other products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing. We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. If you request information from us, use the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you Guardian Bikes-related marketing communications as permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
- Contests or promotions. If you enter and win a contest or other promotion, you expressly consent to us (i) providing your personal information to our business partner providing the prize for the contest or other promotion, solely to provide you with such prize; and (ii) publicly disclosing your name and the fact that you won the Guardian Bikes contest or promotion. If we seek to disclose additional personal information in connection with the contest or other promotion, we will notify you prior to your entering the contest or other promotion; by entering into such contest or other promotion, you expressly consent to any such additional disclosures.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
Other purposes with your consent. In some cases we will ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information for other purposes. For example, we may ask for your consent to send you marketing emails where required by law or to post your testimonial or endorsement.
How We Share Your Personal Information
- Business partners. We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a co-sponsored contest or promotion.
- Advertising partners. We work with third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services (including, through interest-based advertising), and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services they render to us.
- Compliance and protection.We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials or private parties (a) for the compliance and protection purposes described above; (b) as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (c) where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and (d) to prosecute or defend legal claims.
Marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by logging in and changing your account settings or by following the opt-out prompt in the email. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser settings. Blocking third party cookies in your browser settings using or ad-blocking browser plug-ins/extensions.
- Mobile device settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Platform settings. Using Google’s and Facebook’s interest-based advertising opt-out features:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (for European users): http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Digital Advertising Alliance:
- optout.aboutads.info, which lets you opt-out of interest-based ads on websites.
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices, which lets you opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps.
The opt-out preferences described above must be set on each device for which you want them to apply. Not all companies that serve interest-based ads participate in the ad industry opt-out programs described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive some cookies and interest-based ads from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit
Declining to provide your personal information. If you do not provide information indicated as required or mandatory within the Service, or that is otherwise necessary to provide a requested service or feature within the Service, that portion or all of the Service may be unavailable to you and we may deactivate your account.
The security of your personal information important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
International Data Transfer
Guardian Bikes is headquartered in the United States and has affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties, such as social media platforms, advertising services and other websites and applications. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.
How We Disclose Personal Information
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners, including Shopify, to provide services and advertise to you. For example, we use Shopify to support personalized advertising with third-party services. Our business and marketing partners will use your information in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship you products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including to respond to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have "sold" and "shared" (as those terms are defined in applicable law) personal information over the preceding 12 months for the purpose of engaging in advertising and marketing activities, as follows.
Category of Personal Information
- Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased and shopping information
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage Data
Categories of Recipients
- Business and marketing partners
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt out of Sale or Sharing or Targeted Advertising. You may have a right to direct us not to "sell" or "share" your personal information or to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes considered to be "targeted advertising", as defined in applicable privacy laws. Please note that if you visit our Site with the Global Privacy Control opt-out preference signal enabled, depending on where you are, we will automatically treat this as a request to opt-out of the "sale" or "sharing" of information for the device and browser that you use to visit the Site.
- Right to Limit and/or Opt out of Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You may have a right to direct us to limit our use and/or disclosure of sensitive personal information to only what is necessary to perform the Services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average individual.
- Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to ask us to stop or restrict our processing of personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Appeal: You may have a right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
- Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. In accordance with applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
We use Shopify's ad services such as Shopify Audiences to help personalize the advertising you see on third party websites. To restrict Shopify merchants that use these ad services from using your personal information for such services, visit https://privacy.shopify.com/en.
The Service is not directed at, and Guardian Bikes does not knowingly acquire or receive personal information from, children under the age of 16. If we learn that any user of the Service is under the age of 16, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal information and restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below, or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
407 Radam Ln, Building E
Austin, TX 78745